The conversation hub consists of a series of smaller widgets with focus on handling the the Incoming Call Queue. In conjunction with your Contact Search the hub can cover basic Attended Call Transfer as well as advanced Consultation Call scenarios.
The hub is split in 3 parts:
- Top row: Status widgets to help inform you about the most important metrics. Explained on the User Interface
- Incoming - to signal any incoming calls distributed to you by the system
- Active - your current conversation partner (a consultation target, colleague in this context below)
- On Hold - the person put on hold (usually your external caller)
Each area in the hub has individual, context-sensitive call controls.
The conversation hub has the following call controls:
|Transfer||Directly forwards a call. Becomes enabled when you select an entry from the Contact Search|
|Swap||Switches the caller positions between "Active" to the "On Hold" area|
|Merge||Merges the Consultation Call into a conference between all participants.|
|Terminate||Ends the call|
|Puts the caller from the "Active" to the "On Hold" area|
Good to know
- Note that merge and switch controls appear in both the "Active" as well as "On-Hold" hub area, but with identical functionality.
- Some actions within the conversation hub can be controlled via drag & drop as an alternative method to clicking the controls.