The most basic scenario when using Stratus Switchboard is the attended call transfer. The starting point of this scenario is a queue with at least one incoming call getting assigned via the Stratus queue distribution system.
For a better understanding of the following content we'll refer to the following actors:
Precondition: Caller is shown within the Incoming Call Queue. Once assigned to you the call is shown as "Incoming" in the Conversation Hub and your Teams Client is be showing the "ringing" call popup.
You accept the call.
→ The caller is transferred to your Conversation Hub, shown as "Active"
→ You are now connected to the caller.
→ The "Attendant State " widget in the User Interface area shifts to "Working " / "Conversation Active" to signal that you are handling a call for your service team.
From here on you may put the caller on hold or end the call using the controls in the Conversation Hub.
Within the Contact Search you can now search for a contact by typing any identifying element (clear name, SIP-address, telephone number).
Use common constructs in the search such as @domain to find multiple fitting results.
You can also type a E.164 standard telephone number in the search box (+ country code) (subscriber number) to forward to that target
You may want to use filters to narrow down large lists of results.
Quick Actions - Attended Transfer
Select a contact entry and press "Attended Transfer" within the Quick Actions to forward the call.
→ You remain connected to the caller while the attended transfer progresses.
From here the following scenarios happen:
Contact accepts the call
- Your contact will be called (ringing).
→ The call controls are turn inactive during this time
- Once your contact accepts, the caller is removed from the "Active " area in the Conversation Hub and the call is ended. Your transfer target should now shift its state to "BIC" = "Busy In Call" accordingly .
After the Call
- When you end the call your "Attendant State " in the top area of the User Interface shifts back to "Active" (green) You're free to take on the next call → Step 1.
- If a call was transferred to a contact target (with either accepted or lost call result) the search field is cleared automatically to show your default favorites and popular contacts.
Notes on Call Transfers
- With 1 Active and 1 On Hold participant you cannot handle additional callers from the queue.
- By default, a rejected call transfer will be returned to you (RONA), but the Stratus Team / Stratus Agent workflows and distribution policies may be changed to allow for quicker call handling at the cost of (potentially) lost calls.
- Attended transfers will remain "Active" in your Conversation Hub until taken. Please keep in mind that transfers to a service might be picked up immediately, removing them from your "Active" call. They not necessarily be handled. In this case a Consultation Call is recommended to ensure that your caller is not lost or forwarded to a wrong direction.