The "Outbound Calls" feature allows service members to impersonate and make calls "as" the service itself. This feature is also known as "Call As" or "Call On Behalf". Outbound calls can also be scheduled and added to a service's queue, distributing the task among its available users.
Call on behalf from within the Portal UI
Outbound "Calls on Behalf" can be manually initialized from the Nimbus portal.
- Enterprise Routing Contact Center Outbound Calls are a Enterprise Routing and Contact Center Service Type feature. "Outbound Conversations" must be enabled via Modality Service Settings for the corresponding service.
- Services using this feature need to have a PSTN number assigned in order to dial out to an external number. → Also see "Known limitations" chapter.
🔍 Note that Basic IVR Services (User assignment type = None) are excluded from this feature.
To initiate Outbound Service Calls :
- Navigate to the My Overview or My Services view and click on the telephone icon next to the service you want to call as.
- → A teams dial out popup opens. You can now dial a number.
💡 Before calling you can still choose between all services which are available to you (and enabled for "Outbound Service").
- To start the outbound conversation, click on the "Call" icon .
CALL BUTTON STATES AND INTERACTION
- Nimbus interactions will disable the call button, e.g. when the user has an incoming / connected call or ACW task.
- Offline and DND will not disable the button. User related "Busy Available/ Away Available" settings - made via Distribution Service Settings > Conversations Distribution – such as "available when busy" – are also ignored.
Scheduling Outbound Service Calls via Flow
✅ Read the related Use Case - Creating Nimbus outbound calls from a list of scheduled tasks on how to set this up.
☝ Pleae note that the same preconditions and limitations apply for this method.
CURRENTLY KNOWN LIMITATIONS
- PSTN Licensing: When the selected Service doesn't have an applied phone number, the dial pad is disabled. Dial out to a UPN is allowed. → Also refer to the "Transfer to PSTN Limitation" below.
- UI visibility : "Outbound Service" calls are currently not shown in any UI like My Sessions or Attendant Console - as a result user won't be able to park/transfer/consult/etc.
- Reporting visibility: Terminated outbound calls are not reflected on any reporting view (Reporting, Dashboard or Power BI)
- O365 Search: In order to retrieve and call to O365 contacts, a tenant admin need to grant "User.Read.All" consent for all Nimbus users, as described on the required user permissions page. 💡 We are continously monitoring to adapt and reduce the required rights if possible.
TRANSFER TO PSTN LIMITATION
Out-of-the-box, Nimbus and affiliated addons can only perform PSTN transfers according to Microsoft's licensing and constraints.
Which PSTN license do I need to acquire?
✅ As a tenant administrator you need to acquire the following licenses and assign them to the application instance of the respective Nimbus SOURCE service (team) that will act as PSTN transferor:
|"Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account"
"Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account"
+ "Microsoft Teams Domestic Calling Plan" or "Microsoft Teams Domestic and International Calling Plan" or "Microsoft Teams Calling Plan pay-as-you-go"+ "Communication Credits" (if these aren't already included as part of your plan)
|"Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account"
☝ As of 2023 "Microsoft Teams Phone Standard" licences are no longer supported by Microsoft. Previously those licenses were viable for Nimbus. → Regardless if you are using Direct Routing, Calling Plans, Operator Connect - the "Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account" license is now always required.
☝ Please note that Luware staff cannot make recommendations on which license plan is best suited for your needs. Depending on your scenario, additional Teams App licenses may be required. Exact details are to be discussed with your Microsoft contacts.
How does PSTN licensing affect Service and Call Transfers?
Assuming that Service A has a PSTN license assigned - but further Services don't - the following scenario may unfold:
☝ Note that handling and tracking of running cost for PSTN licenses is outside of Luware support scope.
If you require assistance in extending and/or configuring your Nimbus services for PSTN our support will gladly assist you: