Once you're done with preparation it's time to install all necessary LUCS components.
All of the following components are meant for a "Server" side installation. Client specific components such as Agent Assistant are not covered here.
- Luware-LUCS-AC (Agent Controller)
- Luware-LUCS-AM (Agent Manager)
- Luware-LUCS-CIC (Customer Infrastructure Connector)
- Luware-LUCS-ICH (Interactive Conversation Handler)
- Luware-LUCS-PS (Persistence Service)
- Luware-LUCS-SMD (SIP Message Dispatcher) – the SMD component is installed on the Lync server machine
- Luware-LUCS-LC (LUCS Configurator)
These components are optional if you use the following features
- Luware-LUCS-FE (Frontend of the Web Application) – this setup installs LUCS-FE to IIS and FE-Core to Services.
- Luware-LUCS-MM (Mail Manager) - for handling Exchange and O365 Mailboxes and for using Mail Services.
- Luware-LUCS-MMClient (Silverlight Application for post calls, allows E-Mail handling in SfB)
- Luware-LUCS-CI (Calendar Integration)
- Luware-LUCS-CR (Conversation Recording)
- Luware-LUCS-API (Application program interface)
The general installation rules and some service installation specifics are described below.
Infos to prepare
During the Installation, it is necessary to specify the following values:
- Instance Name (If LUCS and TM products are installed on machine use different Instance Names)
- Port Number
- Lync Server Version (for Luware-LUCS-CIC only)
- Site Port Number (for Luware-LUCS-FE and Luware-LUCS-API)
- Role (for Luware-LUCS-Configurator only)
- Web Site Name and Web Site Port Number (for Luware-LUCS-MMClient only)
- Optional: Retrieve existing certificate thumbprints for the installers.
During installation, the port number field does not refer to an explicit port directly. It will add this number to the default port number. For example, if you use 1000 for PS (default port = 19400), the port used would be 20400. For a full list of default ports, check the network configuration page.
By default, LUCS will be installed into: C:\Program Files\Luware AG.
The installation path can be changed to using ‘Browse’ button.
During AC, ICH, CR, MM, SMD and CIC components installation, you need to specify Lync/Skype Server version and select appropriate options. ‘Skype for Business‘ option is the default.
Once the Environment Preparation have been met the installation can start. Refer to the subchapters to learn about and configure each component.