Service Workflow Configuration
The 'Workflow Tab' within Services provides a preview of the workflow instance assigned to that service.
To access the tab, click on Services → Any existing Service Entry → Workflow Tab
The 'Workflow' tab contains the following settings:
Control Name section
Full screen mode
The Full screen mode icon allows to expand details page on the whole screen. The side menu and entry list will be hidden in this case.
The workflow instance, which the service will use.
Survey workflow Instance
The workflow instance of survey type, which the service will use.
Music on Hold Playlist
Defines the music a customer hears when agent puts his call on hold.
The preconfigured recording definition and mailbox to which the recorded messages will be sent to.
To use this feature, you need to set up the following:
Conversation Mail To
Specify the 'To' address for voicemail. The recorded data will be sent to this email account.
Specify the 'Cc' address for voicemail. The recorded data will be sent as carbon copy to this email account.
Select Emergency Case that will be used for the Workflows with 'Emergency' Workflow Elements.
Emergency Case Valid Until
Enabled only when Emergency Case field is selected.
Defines the time\date until that emergency case will be used for the service.
This section allows to assign previously defined external system configurations to your services.
As of LUCS 3.4 Zendesk and Service Now connection details for the according workflow activities have been removed from ICH - Interactive Conversation Handler configuration. Related workflow steps / activities only select the configuration entries.
Precondition: To get External Applaction Entries to show up for assignment, you need to to define and assign multiple external system configurations to your services. Perform the following steps:
- Access the new Configurations via WebConfigurator > Topology > "Zendesk" or "Service Now"
- Define the Configuration to these CRM / Ticket systems as needed
- Set the configuration within the Service Workflow Configuration under "External Applications"
- Add either "Create CRM Ticket" (Zendesk) or "Get Caller Information" (Service Now) to your Workflow Structures.
- Apply the Workflow to your Service
Related "Zendesk" and "Service Now" entries have been added to the "Topology" section of WebConfigurator. Fields of these entries are explained in Situational Topology Settings.
Trigger - External Web Request Trigger Sets
Precondition: In order to see any trigger sets you need to define External Web Requests entries. These entries need to be included in External Web Request Trigger Sets and made available when under the same Organization Unit - same as your currently configured service. Each web request specifies credentials used to connect to external systems as well as the data exchange and Service Parameters (variables) used to store information.
Trigger events are standardized and explained on the External Web Request Trigger Sets page.
The advantages of using trigger sets are as follows:
- Trigger sets help standardize connection events to external services by automatically "triggering" External Web Requests during a call event - in the exact order as specified in the trigger set.
- You don't need to adapt your workflow instances and steps all individually in case a web request changes.
- You can set requests to trigger synchronously without having to manage each step separately in a workflow.
Tip: Trigger sets are optional but can help replace, standardize and manage "External Web Request" Workflow Elements in your Workflow Instancess. Of course you can still stick to the classic method of managing individual External Web Requests , e.g. when each WF instance requires different service-individual login credentials or systems to connect to.
With the according permissions (usually as "System Administrator" → see Role Based Access - RBAC) you are able to view the Workflow Instance assigned to a Service, as well as check the configurations, attributes and values.
You may only inspect workflows in this view. The instance itself is configured via Settings -> Workflow -> Workflow Instances Inbound
The 'Workflow Viewer' contains the following controls:
- 'Menu' button. Allows switching between the view modes of the Workflow Instance: Vertical or Horizontal, and reset the changes back.
- 'Full View' button. Makes the size of the Workflow Instance structure full
- Size slider. Moving sliders, user is able to set specific view size of the Workflow Instance structure
- 'Placeholder' indicator . The activities assigned by placeholders are marked with the indicator.
Clicking any activity will open a pop-up with details. Attributes are displayed in read-only mode.
As System Administrator you can set actual values for the placeholders assigned on a Workflow Instances.
Placeholders are only shown when part of this workflow. The type of controls shown vary by the type of placeholder.
If no value is entered, the default value specified in the original source placeholder item will apply.
On Placeholders in Workflows / Activities
Placeholders may be used in Workflow Elements (Activities) or be part of External Web Requests. Refer to the "Used in Activity" indication to not accidentally delete or change those placeholders accidentally while being part of an productive workflow.
To avoid accidental deletion of placeholders (e.g. if assigned to External Web Requests) all placeholder entries are listed to all users, even if their Organization Units visibility would otherwise be limited by Role Based Access - RBAC.