WebConfigurator currently allows viewing and import / export of Workflow Instances. Editing is limited to Workflow Properties. For full workflow functionality install and use LUCS configurator on a server instance.
→ Learn more about Workflow Import / Export in our Use Case: Import and Export of Workflow Elements and by reading the chapter further below.
The page is accessible on Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Inbound and Workflow Instances Survey
Inbound Workflow Instances
The ‘Workflow Instances Inbound’ page contains the list of workflow instances of inbound conversation type and allows to create and configure them. ‘Workflow Instances Inbound’ is accessible via Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Inbound.
On clicking a specific workflow instance in the list, the user can view its details:
Handling External Web Requests in Workflow Instances
LUCS is capable to parse through multiple parameters in external WebRequests, mapping them to internal values for further handling. Users can assign different workflows according to the external WebRequest activity result, allowing to react differently based on various return codes (Success, Info, Redirect, Client or Server Errors).
To map received parameters from the Web Request into system parameters use “ExternalWebRequestActivity:ResponseParameterMapping” property.
Adding this feature to a workflow is currently available to LUCS Configurator only. WebConfigurator only allows editing of step properties.
Workflow Instances can be configured on Workflow tab within LUCS Configurator ->Workflow -> Workflow Instance and should include External Web Request activity block in their Workflow Structures.
Also see → Workflow Elements → "External Web Request Activity" for further details.
You can use the Switch options in External Web Request activity to configure variable workflows depending on external system response. The following options are available:
- Default – is used for the compatibility with previously created version of workflow. If no switch option was configured, the default exit will be taken
- Success – 2XX group of responses
- Others – 1XX, 3XX, 4XX, 5XX groups of responses
The detailed response information is also written in the log files.
Survey Workflow Instances
The ‘Workflow Instances Survey’ page contains the list of workflow instances with survey type and provides an ability to create and configure them.
‘Workflow Instances Survey’ page is accessible on Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Survey:
Import and Export of Workflow Instances
Users with "Workflow" permissions (see Role Based Access - RBAC) can directly import and export workflow structures and instances to their assigned Organization Unit. Both types of workflow instances (survey and inbound) can be imported and exported.
Use this feature to quickly share workflows, for either productive, rapid development or distribution and analysis during support.
A validation feature ensures that no manipulations or corrupt files enter your system.
Things to consider about Imports / Exports
- Json files are protected from manual changes, so a warning message appears if an imported json file was changed externally
- Workflow Instance cannot be imported if related structure does not exist in the system
- A warning message appears if an imported json file with TeamManager structure or instance is used for import
- A warning message appears if an imported json file contains an instance instead of a structure and vice versa
- A ‘Master’ policy is assigned to imported structure or instance
- A ‘System’ organization unit is assigned to the imported structure or instance if the imported organization does not exist in the system.
- Workflow resources are not part of the export / import. You may want to double check your workflow-instances after the import and assign resources accordingly.
Workflow Instance Import
To import a workflow instance,
- Click ‘Import’ button. → A file dialogue opens for you to select the json file.
It is possible to import the same instance as many times as you need. A new instance receives filename in the current date format ‘WFI Name_<yyyy_mm_dd hh:mm>’.
- Select your workflow .json file and confirm
- After the workflow structure imported, you may want to change the name and and organization unit to clarify the intended use context of your new structure.
The system doesn’t import system related items like WF resources, placeholders, custom parameters or external databases. We highly recommend to review imported instances and update their activities if needed.
Workflow Instance Export
To export the existing workflow structure, select it in the list and click ‘Export’ button. Exported structure will be saved in JSON file using your browsers download path preferences .