The ‘Workflow Structures’ page contains workflow structures for both inbound calls as well as surveys. All Workflow Instancess in LUCS are based on a workflow structure.
WebConfigurator currently allows viewing and import / export of Workflow Structures. To edit a Workflow, install and use LUCS configurator.
→ Learn more about Workflow Import / Export in our Use Case: Import and Export of Workflow Elements and by reading the chapter further below.
The page is accessible on Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Structures
When clicking specific workflow structure in the list, the user can view its details:
Import / Export Workflow Structure
Users with "Workflow" permissions (see Role Based Access - RBAC) can directly import and export workflow structures and instances to their assigned Organization Unit. Use this feature to quickly share workflows, for either productive, rapid development or distribution and analysis during support.
A validation feature ensures that no manipulations or corrupt files enter your system.
Things to consider about Imports / Exports
- Json files are protected from manual changes, so a warning message appears if an imported json file was changed externally
- Workflow Instance cannot be imported if related structure does not exist in the system
- A warning message appears if an imported json file with TeamManager structure or instance is used for import
- A warning message appears if an imported json file contains an instance instead of a structure and vice versa
- A ‘Master’ policy is assigned to imported structure or instance
- A ‘System’ organization unit is assigned to the imported structure or instance if the imported organization does not exist in the system.
- Workflow resources are not part of the export / import. You may want to double check your workflow-instances after the import and assign resources accordingly.
Workflow Structure Import
To import a workflow structure,
- Click ‘Import’ button. → A file dialogue opens for you to select the json file.
- Select your workflow .json file and confirm
- After the workflow structure imported, you may want to change the name and and organization unit to clarify the intended use context of your new structure.
An import file must have JSON format and contain unique workflow structure name different from already existing in the Web-Configurator. Renaming the file prior to import will not work as the files are protected against manipulation. If you need to import an identically named structure, rename your existing structures / instances and repeat the import.
Workflow Structure Export
To export the existing workflow structure, select it in the list and click ‘Export’ button. Exported structure will be saved in JSON file using your browsers download path preferences .