This is a new feature introduced with LUCS V3.4, currently focused on live-reporting and ease of use. If you require interactive features and call management on your Frontend, refer to the LUCS Web FrontEnd instead.
Dashboards summarize LUCS Service or Agent information in one user-customizable view. By using Dashboard Widgets a Dashboard owner can customize the layout to personal or team needs and (optionally) share the dashboard via a team-wide accessible URL among his Organization Unit.
In a Nutshell - every Dashboard:
- ... must be assigned to one specific Organization Unit (OU).
- ... can be either left personal to the creating user (Owner) or set public for the whole OU.
- ... is defined via its Name, Description, OU assignment, Display Language (localized UI Elements) and a thumbnail image to quickly discern it from other available (public) Dashboards
- ... can contain Dashboard Widgets in any user-defined order and configuration.
- ... can be shared / opened / bookmarked via its own specific URL
Preconditions for Viewing / Editing Dashboards
- To View the Frontend and its Dashboards, the Web > Agent or Web Service role needs to be granted within Role Based Access - RBAC to either a Supervisor or Agent user. Different Dashboard Widgets are made available based on the role given.
- Only a System Administrator or the current board owner can edit Dashboard properties. You can change ownership as described in the Dashboard Properties → Ownership chapters.
- Supervisors additionally can set a board to "Public" to the designated Organization Unit. This is also configured is also set in the Dashboard Properties.
Login and Access
To enter the Dashboard, open your browser and open the URL defined during the Dashboard Frontend installation.
After a successful login you will be brought to the Dashboards Overview which you can access via the Sidebar on the left at any time.
By default this view will not contain any dashboards - or none that have been shared with Organization Units of your user.
Adding a Dashboard
- You can start a new Dashboard via the Add-Button Dashboard Properties are opened, allowing you to define details and properties of your new Dashboard. → The
- After you filled out the properties a new Entry appears in the Dashboard Overview. Click on it to reveal the blank dashboard and Dashboard Controls on top.
- Select "Edit Dashboard" and start adding Dashboard Widgets
Dashboard Controls and Customization
If you are a dashboard owner (creator of your own or granted permissions via the Dashboard Properties) you have access to the Dashboard Controls.
These controls are also available to a System Administrator to manage
The following options are available to all Dashboard owners:
- Dashboard Properties - where you can change the Icon, Description, Organization Unit affiliation (visibility) and ownership of the Dashboard.
- Edit Dashboard - where you can determine the layout of your dashboard by adding and configuring Dashboard Widgets
- Delete Dashboard - Permanently removes the Dashboard
- Copy URL - To share the dashboard with other users. Requires the Dashboard to be set public. Users need Role Based Access - RBAC > "Web" permissions to view and be part of the same Organization Unit
- Fullscreen Mode - for showcasing the Dashboard in a borderless fullscreen view (can be stopped via the "ESC" key)
The dashboard has a hidden diagnostics feature only accessible to administrators. This allows to quickly identify the current dashboard configuration (summary, connections, status) which helps for error analysis and resolution.
To access this feature:
- Be sure to be logged in as a dashboard administrator (via RBAC) or user of the global system administrator AD group.
Add the following suffix to your browser's address bar: "/diagnostics"→ A diagnostics panel as follows should be shown
The following tabs can be found in the Dashboard Diagnostics:
Current connections to the Dashboard (from other users) with:
A aggregated listing of currently logged in users with details such as:
Allows to search for specific details on a particular Dashboard.
Copy any Dashboard ID from the other tabs into the search field.
→ A full configuration of the dashboard will be generated.
Use the "Copy to Clipboard" function to create a full export of the current tab. In case of an error, send this information to Luware support for further analysis.
|Support Hotline CH||+41 58 404 2807|
|Support Hotline DE||+49 711 8998 9621|
|Support Hotline UK||+44 20 3300 2751|
|Cloud Service Status||https://status.luware.cloud/|
Note that the Widget Content and general availability of Widgets also relies on the User Role / OU assignment. This is further explained on the corresponding subpages:
- Dashboard Widgets → Visibility of data inside the widget depends on the user currently viewing the Dashboard.
- Dashboard Properties → Determines who can access the Dashboard based on the Organization Unit affiliation