Goal: How to use External Web Request Activity in Workflow Instances
- Service, Agents with corresponding traits are configured to receive calls.
- Workflow instance like shown below is created and correctly configured (except External Web Request part).
- Parameters are configured to save Conversation state and conversation ID
New in V3.4:
Use Case Description
A customer wants to track conversation history in his CRM Application by sending and receiving Service task data from LUCS system to his CRM Web-Application.
This can be achieved by using the External Web Request Activity in the configured Workflow instance.
- Input Customer Activity: Let the customer enter his customer ID.
- External Web Request Activity: Create a conversation entry in his CRM system, validate the customer ID and receive back a conversation ID.
- If the customer ID can be validated successfully assign the conversation to the customer profile.
- Otherwise let the Agent select the right customer profile later in the process.
- Send Agent Request: Start trying to reach an available agent and regularly check the status of the request so that a call can be routed according to the current situation.
- Check Agent Request Status: If the maximum request time is reached the customer is informed that all Agents are busy.
- External Web Request Activity: Close the conversation entry in the CRM system and change status to "Closed because all Agents have been busy".
Result: When the CRM Web Application is opened the conversation is already assigned to the right customer profile and the Agent can immediately see all customer information and contracts/products the customer is using.