Only a user with System administrator permissions can View and Update the License in Web-Configurator -> 'License' page.
To be able to work with LUCS Products you need to obtain a valid licence. There are two types of LUCS licenses:
- Full license (Allows running the LUCS product without time limit).
- Trial license (Allows running the LUCS product for a defined period).
More information about licence expiry is present in the 'License Expiration' chapter below.
Uploading a License
To upload the license, execute the following steps:
- Click the 'Upload License File' button;
→ A file dialogue opens to locate the new licence file.
- Optional: Remove the previous license, if it is present by clicking the 'Remove License' button. You may ignore this step, because the uploading of new license will overwrite the old one.
Select the new license file and click "Open"
→ After the upload process is finished, the 'License Information' is displayed on the page.Licence Details
Some infos on licences
- The license file should have the .lic file format. If the file format is incorrect, an 'Invalid License File Upload Attempt' error will appear.
- The license should match exactly to the correct Luware product (e.g., TM or PA product licenses cannot be used for LUCS product);
- The 'Valid Until' date is not checked before or during the upload process. If an expired trial license is uploaded, the application will behave as if the license is expired.
The 'License Information' area contains the following data. Note that entries shown are not editable.
The name of the installation system / server.
The name of the company that is using the license.
Primary SIP Domain
The primary sip domain of the company that is using the license.
The SfB server version of the company that is using the license.
The name of the contact person within the company.
The location of the company that is using the license.
'Full' or 'Trial' license type.
The date until that the trial license allows to use the LUCS system.
Contains the list of the LUCS system components and their quantity allowed by the license.
Support level: Bronze, Silver,Gold
The time at which support is provided i.e. 7x12
The date when the support contract will end. The number of days left until expiration.
The quantity of the selectable inbound agents that the license allows for the LUCS system.
The quantity of the selectable outbound agents that the license allows for the LUCS system.
The quantity of the supervisors that the license allows for the LUCS system.
The additional features that the license allows to use with the LUCS system.
License Limitations / Warning Messages
The usage of the LUCS system outside of any contract or license is prohibited. If such usage is detected, the LUCS system informs you with a warning. This mechanism also includes recommendations to decrease the usage of the product if you have a licence that doesn't cover your current LUCS usage scenario.
An exceeded usage warning is always shown with a yellow signal color:
Below are examples of licence-related errors:
Quantity of concurrent agents exceeded
You're exceeding the limits of the license for LUCS. Please contact your vendor and obtain additional licenses or adjust the configuration to comply with the limitations. Concurrent Agents: licensed # Details
Click the 'Concurrent Agents: licensed # Details' link, to open the chart with detailed information about Concurrent Agents per each 2 days.
SUM of #ConcurrentAgents (Inbound) and #ConcurrentAgents (Outbound).
Who sees the message
System Administrator: when license value (#ConcurrentAgent) was exceeded during one or more days during the past 60 days.
Quantity of the configured supervisors exceeded
You're exceeding the limits of the license for LUCS. Please contact your vendor and obtain additional lice You're exceeding the limits of available LUCS licenses.
#NamedSupervisor: Count of configured Supervisors.
Who sees the message
System Administrator: as soon as the license value (#NamedSupervisor) has been exceeded.
After uploading of a new license file, the LUCS system rechecks all the conditions immediately.
Trial License Expiration
Unlike passing the limitations of a valid licence, the expiry will be handled with a red signal color, as expiry has direct consequences to your daily operation.
When the expiry date is passed, the following things happen:
- ICH component stops
- AM component stops
- On the 'License' page the message is shown: 'YOUR LICENSE HAS EXPIRED AT: month\date\year. Your license has expired, Please contact our Sales team for a renewal of the License.
After uploading of a new license file, the LUCS components AM and PS have to be restarted.
License Usage Statistics
System Administrators are able to retrieve a license usage CSV report directly from the Configuration view. The statistic data is based on RBAC permission rights.
The CSV Export contains the following information:
- Date when the entry was created (12:00 AM being default)
- Per Organization Unit:
- Concurrent Agents
- Configured Agents