The following steps are to be performed only after a successful (error-free) installation.
Before before starting to configure and productively your installation it is necessary to check if all services correctly start up. We also recommend to create first basic structures, connections and accounts as well as and configure your server topology. This is also a test to verify that all your installed components interact properly with each other.
Start PS Service
- After all the LUCS System Components are installed, reboot the machine.
Start the Luware-LUCS-PS (PS) using C:\windows\system32\Services.msc
The Luware-LUCS-PS Service must always be started first. Otherwise the other services will not properly start!
After the Luware-LUCS-PS Service started, check the PS log file (C:\Program Files\Luware AG\LUCS-PS\log->regularLog) to make sure that database is connected and PS service successfully started and activated.
Now start all remaining services one at a timeAll LUCS services running
Is a service not starting or stopping again after a while? Check Windows Event Viewer for problems. There are also logfiles in the installation directory of each component (e.g. C:\Program Files\Luware AG\LUCS-FE\FeCore\Log\)
Afterwards you can start the LUCS Configurator Application or WebConfigurator in your browser (default is http://<YourServerInstanceName>:88) and log in with an account from the administrator group (defined during → first-time installation)Service Status in WebConfigurator Frontend Widget
After upgrading and starting your new LUCS services, you must provide a valid LUCS product license. To refresh your knowledge, check this page about the licensing process (including change and removal of licences).
There are two types of LUCS licenses:
- Full license (Allows running the LUCS product without time limit).
- Trial license (Allows running the LUCS product for a defined period).
Usage of the LUCS system outside the contract and license is prohibited. If such usage is detected, the LUCS system informs you about to buy additional licenses or decrease the usage of the product.
Examples of licence related warnings are:
- the trial period has expired
- the allowed quantity of concurrent agents is exceeded,
- the allowed quantity of the configured supervisors is exceeded.
Quick-Check your license information:
- click ‘Show Information’ button on the LUCS Configurator -> ‘Home’ tab or
- log in to the LUCS FE with system administrator’s permissions and click Preferences -> License.