Usage of LUCS
After exploring the many Configuration aspects of LUCS it's time to learn more about using it in daily business. So far we've been focusing almost exclusively on the Backend (WebConfigurator), but LUCS also provides multiple frontend applications, all of which are designed to be unobtrusive in the way they interact with Skype for Business. Some examples are:
- LUCS Web FrontEnd (FE) - accessed by both Team Supervisors and Agents to manage various service tasks and watch service statistics. Can be individually customized with personal widgets and saved in public walls for other users to see.
- Web Reporting - is an integral part of the FE and provides daily service statistics, Reporting (KPI) and customer journeys.
- As separate Part of LUCS, Historic Reporting allows to connect to the reporting database to evaluate historical service data on either Power BI or Excel by using our provided templates.
- Agent Assistant - client-side installed App to handle incoming service tasks. Also delivers extended toast messages, tracks the readyness status and requests completion codes. Allows agents to make calls on behalf of the service.
This page introduces you to the usage of a configured LUCS server instance. As you progress through this section, ensure that the following minimal criteria are met:
- Your LUCS installation must be completed on the server instances you want to use for operation. Topology settings are made so all tenants and mailboxes can operate.
- Server side LUCS services are up and running. ( Minimum Components to run are: PS, ICH, AC, AM, CIC).
- Optionally, an Agent Assistant configuration is complete and assigned to Agents. The Agent Assistant must be installed on your Agent PCs.
- Your Organization Units reflect the roles and responsibilities. Duty Profiles and the according Traits and Responsibilities are assigned to Agents of your teams
- Your service workflows and distribution policies are set up and assigned to Call and Mail Services accordingly.
- For the LUCS Frontend (FE) to be reachable via Browser, the Internet Information Services must be running.
→ Also see FE - Frontend installation and configuration.
In this section:
LUCS Web FrontEnd