This page introduces you to the configuration of a running LUCS server instance. As you progress through this section, ensure that the following minimal criteria are met:
- Either the Upgrade or the First Time Installation and corresponding post-installation steps are done.
- Your basic infrastructure is set up, including Environment Preparation and Essential Topology Settings setup.
- Installed services are up and running. (Minimum Components to run are: PS, ICH, AC, AM, CIC).
About LUCS Configurator (LC) and WebConfigurator
The following chapters are written with the current "Web Configurator" UI in mind. LUCS Configurator (LC) can be installed as additional application on your server instance. Both applications access the same settings, however use a different UI approach.
WebConfigurator is planned to fully replace all LC capabilities in near future. Due to this ongoing change, there are still many LUCS Configurator screens present in current knowledge-base content.
The underlying database structures and settings configured are the same, so you can use either option.
To access the WebConfigurator - and in later extension also the FrontEnd - your User name and a Password are required. Read → User and Access to enable further users.
Users set up with Admin Group Permissions on Application Machines can always log into LUCS WebConfigurator as they are granted full privileges.
This Button is disabled by default. Becomes enabled if entered username domain configuration exists among O365 applications configurations on Tenants O365 page.
By clicking on the icon in application menu allows to view short information about currently logged in user: First Name and Last Name, SIP URI or UPN.
User can be logout of the system by clicking icon in the user information sub-menu.
Automatic Session Expiry
- A user login session expires after 10 minutes (default).
- 1 min before the timeout, a popup to extend the session will be shown for the user. If the user does not confirm ongoing use, the view will reset back to login screen.
Any unsaved changes will be automatically discarded to prevent a false or half-done configuration.
To change this setting you need to open: "C:\Program Files\Luware AG\LUCS-WebConfigurator\Web.config"
Locate the "timeout" entry in the authentication section and change it to any other value in minutes.
<authentication mode="Forms"> <forms loginUrl="/login" defaultUrl="/" timeout="60" name="auth" /> </authentication>
Note that this value will be reset to default when the WebConfigurator is reinstalled.
WebConfigurator UI Overrview
When logging in with full Administration rights you will see a Webconfigurator UI similar to the following.
Sidebar / Application menu
After login you will be brought to the main or "home" screen. For now we focus on the main menu on the left-hand side, also generally referred to as sidebar for short.
Your available options in the application menu are dependent on your current user's role. See → Role Based Access - RBAC.
A logout and login is required when your permissions have changed, a simple refresh will not suffice.
The main Menu of WebConfigurator consists of the following options:
Call and Mail Services
Administration and Provisioning Use Cases
Licence Usage Report
System Administrators are able to retrieve a license usage CSV report directly from the Configuration view. The statistic data is based on RBAC permission rights.
The CSV Export contains the following information:
- Date when the entry was created (12:00 AM being default)
- Per Organization Unit:
- Concurrent Agents
- Configured Agents
Where to start
In case you need a first hint on where to start configuring LUCS for basic use, refer to the illustration and steps below. These steps do not to be done in a particular order, however we recommend the following steps:
- Ensure your Licences are set up (or still in effect after you upgraded)
- Set up your OrganizationUnits to reflect your (future) callcenter structure
- Set up Duty Profiles for your Organization to reflect your expected business cases / workload situations
- Define Traits and Responsibilities to distinguish your Agents for later call-selection
- Add your Call and Mail Services
- Set up your Workflows