Call and Mail Services
All LUCS-configured SfB (Skype for Business) services are responsible for handling IM Chats, Audio and Video calls. Once a conversation is accepted by the service it is handled according to the configured workflows, distribution policy, Agent / User traits and specific service settings described on the following pages.
- Trusted Application Pool setup and Essential Topology Settings - for configuring Adresses & Endpoints for your services
- Tenant Setup O365 and Exchange - for configuring mail services / Azure Apps
- Defining Workflows - for all your Agent-related services
- Assigning Agent Traits and Duty Profiles - to determine criteria for distribution
- Distribution Policy - to assign to services
Types of Services
LUCS distinguishes by two types of services :
Common Service Data Entities
To save time when Defining Call Service Details or configuring your Mail Services we recommend reading the Common Service Settings chapters first. In there we list re-usable elements that save you time during later (additional) configuration.
Service Tab Overview
The 'Services' tab provides the possibility to define the Services in the LUCS system and manage Service configuration. Service details can be edited on the following tabs which are displayed upon selecting an appropriate Service
Unlike SfB services, mail services do not have workflows. Incoming emails are handled according to the configured distribution policy, traits and service settings.
Bulk Edit of Services
You can bulk-edit services of the same type by multi-selecting them in the list before changing their properties:
Bulk Editing Scope and Points of Note
Bulk Edit works for all service related tabs:
- General Service Settings
- Service Workflow Configuration
- Service Call Context
- Call Distribution Policy
- Outbound / Callback Task Configuration
... as well as for Mail Services in the same manner respectively.
Selecting either service type will automatically rule out the other for multi-select. The "Select All" option will react accordingly, selecting services of the same type.
Please read before bulk-editing your services
Bulk editing is a powerful feature. A few points to keep in mind:
- Changes you make on the settings tabs (General, Workflow, Context, Distribution, Outbound) are applied all at once and effective immediately.
- We therefore recommend to perform select changes at a time. Many changes at once can potentially render your services inoperable as there is no "undo" feature.
- Bulk changes to elements that adhere to an order (e.g. Task Completion Codes and Cross-selling Codes) will have their order applied for ALL bulk-edited services. This will also override item orders on those services.
We recommend to check your individual service settings after doing a bulk change to manually re-apply any settings lost during the bulk-change.
A non-path dependency (NPD) should be resolved by assigning the source element (e.g. a Code) to the proper Organization Unit so all services have unrestricted access to it.