- MS Teams-based: Directly tied to your "Teams" the users get automatically added to a Nimbus service
- None: For IVR or first-level redirection services
- Skill-based: Manual skill-assignment from users you add from within your tenant directory.
Good to know
The method of user assignment per Service type, and the related feature licenses are technically not co-dependent. However certain ways of managing user permissions may be preferrable, depending on your requirements and how you provision new services.
|User Assignment||Advanced Routing|
|MS Teams-based||Relevant if you want to stick to MS Teams-based user sync but use Contact Center Features.|
Service users / permission tab overview
- Users need to be added to Nimbus first before you can search for them in the UI and grant permissions accordingly.
- Depending on the User assignment types of your service the following tabs are shown:
- For MS Teams-based services a "Members" tab is shown. Members and Owners are in sync with your MS Teams Channel.
- For Skill-based services a "Permissions" tab is shown. Here you can manually add users as service Agents and Owners.
Depending on how your service was provisioned, the user assignment type comes predefined and cannot be changed. Refer to the tabs below for additional info.
User permission effects on Frontend Portal
Note: Contact Center Agents and Service Owners get a slightly different Nimbus Portal UI experience:
|Area||Agents View||Notes and Conditions|