For its Reporting Model Nimbus distinguishes sessions by various user state factors (Teams Presence, Duty State, Task Selectability, Call Status). These factors layer upon each other, meaning that
|Factor||Definition / Conditions||Nimbus-Tracked User State|
Presence in MS Teams
|Online – including status "Busy" or "Away" – if defined per Service-individual Distribution Service Settings.||Offline||Online |
MS-Teams based services will distribute when "Active".
Online and set "Active"
"In Time" available to perform tasks in Nimbus:
| "Selectable" state |
This includes Busy/Selectable and Away/Selectable
|"Non-Selectable" State, either because:|
⬆️ User is not available either due to the Presence state in MS Teams or set "inactive" for all Nimbus teams or
⬇️ ... any existing or previous Call Status marks the user as "Not Selectable
Reserved and blocked for a Nimbus task.
Any of these status flags occur during or after a call and prevent selection for further tasks until resolved.
| Not Available Reason |
Requested as the user changes MS Teams presence (manually or from idle).
| RONA (Redirect on No Answer)|
User flag after not responding to a task, blocked for the next tasks.
User accepted task, is blocked by it.
|ACW (After Call Work)|
User has a fixed (optionally extensible) timespan to complete work after a call.
User state dependencies
It is important to note that these user state factors depend on each other. Reading the table vertically from "top to bottom" here are some examples:
- Offline users are not considered to be in any duty state. Nimbus will not distribute tasks.
- While "Online" ...
- In any MS-Teams based service user is considered selectable once set to "Active".
- In a Contact Center service the Duty State applies selectable check instead. Nimbus evaluates the users's responsibility profile and distributes calls conditionally based on Skills and Responsibilities defined in the service's Distribution Policy.
- For any service: While "online", "active" and "on duty" a user is selectable for tasks. Users can participate types of service simultaneously via their "Active" toggle and Profile selection accordingly.
- Any Call status (e.g being Not Available, already busy in a task, in ACW or flagged by RONA) will flag the user as "Not selectable"
Learning: Users have one deterministic state at a time. Combined factors listed above form a "User Session" and are tracked as part of the Nimbus Reporting Model. Detailed user states can be tracked with timestamps for evaluation. This is enabled via Tenant Administration > Data Privacy, and included in Power BI historic reporting.