Upload App Manifest
TENANT ADMIN For Nimbus to be available in your Tenant (to allow your users to install it from MS Teams Apps list) manifest needs to be uploaded first.
- Retrieve the Nimbus manifest Zip from Luware. Your Nimbus onboarding team will provide you with a download link.
You can have a look inside, but you don't need to unzip the archive for the next steps.
You can reach us via the following means:
Login to MS Teams as Tenant Admin
- Go to Apps
Select “Upload a custom app” option
Choose “Upload for <Your_Organization_Name>” option from the opened drop-down menu
- Select and upload the Nimbus manifest → A message "Added Luware Nimbus to the list" should confirm the successful upload.
Confirm the App's entry and new version within the "Manage Apps" Screen.
Also read on how to update an existing app further below.
Luware Nimbus successfully added to the Teams Apps
Go to "Apps" in your Teams client front end and search for "Nimbus" → The Nimbus app entry should now appear in the list of Apps for all users in your Tenant.
Update / Upgrade existing App
To update an existing Nimbus app (e.g. with a new manifest)
- Login to MS Teams as Tenant Admin
- Go to Apps
- Select the "Built for Luware Inc." option and identify your existing Nimbus App entry.
- Click the three dots icon (context menu) in the top right corner of the application
- Select Update in the drop-down menu
- Select the new manifest zip archive in the window.
Provision the first Team to Nimbus
Nimbus can now be added to any existing Team.
TENANT ADMIN Make sure you are the person to perform the Service Provisioning steps for the first new Nimbus team on your tenant.
Why is this necessary? During the first installation you will be prompted to select a region for your tenant data. After this decision the selection is fixed for your whole tenant and cannot be changed easily, as all your future Nimbus service teams and their call data are automatically stored under that tenant.
We recommend to pick the region mainly for billing (currency) and data-law reasons. Performance should not be affected by your choice.
Congratulations! You can start using Nimbus via web login (see "Login" link at the top right of this page), access the new Nimbus Teams Tab created after the successful installation or install the Nimbus app → continue reading.
Optional: Install Nimbus Personal App
TEAM OWNER| TEAM MEMBER Nimbus can be added as your "Personal App". While not required the App is highly convenient for users of multiple teams.
In Teams, open the "..." Options dialogue and search for "Nimbus"Adding the Nimbus personal app
Locate the Nimbus app
- Read and confirm the Licensing agreement.
Click "Add" to install the App.
→ You might be requested to log-into your O365 account to confirm the installation.
→ Depending on your partnership Luware and the App installed the name variant of the Nimbus App may vary
At this point you should be able to access the Personal App directly from the sidebar.
We recommend pinning it to the sidebar so you always have quick access.
Of course you can still continue to use Nimbus in your browser. A link is located on top of this Knowledge Base and within the App itself.
Please note that Nimbus will ask for Required User Permissions which might change in future updates. Make sure to review them on a regular basis.
New to Nimbus ? Here's are a few topics to get started:
- All Nimbus users should learn the difference between the Nimbus Personal App and the Nimbus Teams Tab. Both display incoming calls, among other important daily metrics.
- TENANT ADMIN Learn how to manage multiple teams within the Administration Overview. In case you need to provision multiple teams in future and automate the process, you might be interested in reading How to deploy Microsoft Runbook.
- TEAM MEMBERS Learn about the Usage of Nimbus which explains general concepts and leads into further topics. After your first login, we also recommend heading to the User Settings to change the language to your needs.
- TEAM OWNER Head to the Configuration and Service Settings to adjust each of your Nimbus team's behavior differently. Once your Workflows are in place you might want to learn about the Microsoft Power Automate Connector which enables Nimbus to interface with other systems.