Before you start
Please note that Nimbus removal is a 2-staged process and must be done within your Teams client.
- TEAM OWNER Team Owners can trigger the team removal via the Nimbus tab. At this point the team is already "Suspended" → More details below.
- TENANT ADMIN Team Admins / Administrators trigger the complete removal via the provisioning script. Until this is done the team can be restored if needed.
Please contact your Nimbus success manager. They will guide you through the steps below.
Mark a Nimbus team for removal
TEAM OWNER There are two ways to remove Nimbus from an existing team in your Teams Client:
Remove Nimbus tab only
- Nimbus will continue running in the background and the bot will receive and distribute calls among team members.
- Direct access to the Reporting and Settings features is still possible by opening Nimbus in your browser.
Did you accidentally remove the Nimbus tab?
A removed Nimbus tab can easily be re-added via MS teams:
- Within your team channel, click on "Add Tab".
- Search "Nimbus" and Confirm.
In this case the process will be shorter as team detail provisioning is not necessary anymore.
Remove Nimbus completely
- Right-click on the Nimbus tab and select "Remove Nimbus completely".
- The following will occur:
- The team will be suspended in the Administration of Nimbus.
- Incoming calls won't be distributed among agents anymore.
- Callers will hear the announcement that the service is not functioning anymore.
- From here on, handling will be done by the customer success team → Read the next step.
Teams Channel Deletion
TEAM OWNER When completely deleting a channel from your Teams Client, the Nimbus tab and team association is also removed.
Keep in mind that:
- Registered PSTN numbers may still be in effect, but...
- ... no users may take the service call under that number, as the team members are not part of Nimbus call distribution anymore.
- ... within the Service Administration the team will be shown with the status it was before channel deletion (e.g. Running or Suspended). Users may still appear associated to the team until the team is fully removed.
To fully remove the team a TENANT ADMIN needs to mark the team for deletion and run the provisioning script once more → this removes all service-related entries from Azure and frees potential licenses used by that team.
Make sure to also check for PSTN licensing and reroute your existing service numbers. You might want to look at our Use Case - Routing unassigned numbers to Nimbus.
Contact Nimbus Customer Success Team
If you are sure about the removal, please send the removed team name to your customer success specialist. They will remove the team from within Service Administration.
→ Your team will remain in "suspended" state until the next step is performed.
TENANT ADMINThis step needs to be performed by a Tenant Administrator or Global Admin.
- Run the Provisioning Script (see Provisioning via Microsoft PowerShell).
- Confirm the newly found team changes (Team Removal).
- The team should now be removed completely.
- At this point the removal is complete.
The states (from top to bottom) are as follows:
UNCOMPLETED - Provisioning has started. A new service has been created in Nimbus database, but also needs to registered in Microsoft Azure. See Nimbus Installation
SERVICES APPLIED - The provisioning is completed and the service is ready to be called. Nimbus will distribute calls among the service and log them for reporting statistics.
SERVICES RUNNING - A service has been called and calls have been recorded in the Nimbus database.
PSTN APPLIED - A service is now reachable via PSTN. Numbers require a phone licence to be requested from Microsoft.
PSTN RUNNING - A service has been called via PSTN and calls have been recorded in the Nimbus database.
SUSPENDED - A service user has opted to "remove Nimbus completely" from the services tab. → After 30 days the corresponding Nimbus service will be "pending deletion"
PENDING DELETION - services that have exceeded "suspended" time or have been removed by a tenant administrator will be pending for deletion. Once de-registered from Azure the services will be removed permanently.
Removing the Nimbus App from your Tenant
TENANT ADMIN In case you want to remove Nimbus App from within your Tenant, perform the following steps:
- Click on "Apps"
- Select "Build for <Your Company Name here>"
- Locate the Nimbus App
Click on "..." and select "Delete".