Before you start
Access to the Portal (Frontend UI) of Nimbus is granted via the following links. Note that the URL is depending on where your Nimbus Nimbus Installation was done for the first time:
- Switzerland: https://portal.luware.cloud/
- Germany: https://portal.dewe-01.luware.cloud/
- UK: https://portal.ukso-01.luware.cloud/
Note that User permissions are required to access the Nimbus Portal. Please refer to the following chapters:
- Read about Role Access Concept to know how you get access to Nimbus services. Your service / team owner or tenant administrator needs to grant you access and assign you to services before you see any data in the portal.
- If your Administrator has not given consent on your behalf, Nimbus will inform you about Required User Permissions. These are needed to access your presence status and perform searches in your local directory.
After your first login we highly recommend to read this chapter to the bottom. At the end of this page you will find further pointers to each individual UI (view) of Nimbus.
General Nimbus UI concepts
While generally designed to seamlessly integrate with Microsoft Teams in terms of its design, Nimbus uses the following modern concepts to enhance the UI experience with additional features.
Note that these apply universally to all of Nimbus features and extensions, so you need to memorize them only once.
Main menu functionality is distinguished into different "views", which are accessible within a sidebar located at the left-hand side.
Nimbus uses a hierarchical access-concept called Organization Units (short: OU) to distinguish access and visibility to services (and other configurable elements such as workflows, codes, audio files etc.).
Read the chapter on Organization Units to learn more about this concept.
Open in Browser
Being a cloud-product Nimbus works both within the Microsoft Teams app as well as an external browser. use use the "Open in Browser" functionality at any time to seamlessly continue working outside of the Teams App.
Please note when using this function:
For the most consistent experience we therefore recommend using Nimbus EITHER in browser OR as MS Teams App at the same time.
Most controls and widgets allow you to interact via mouse-over to display further details and tooltips.
Some examples involve:
Widgets with active controls will show a hand-symbol cursor.
You can also click on table headers such task lists, available users, or reporting metrics to sort by that criteria.
Call Pickup controls
Chart Filtering & View Change
Precondition: Data needs to be available for the filters to have a visible effect.
Chart Filtering can be applied to any diagram with a legend nearby. Some charts also support further control via mouse.