Enterprise Routing Please note that this is an Enterprise Routing Feature .
In addition to the My Sessions view which already shows helpful caller information during an incoming call you can define Context to open in a extra tab whenever a Nimbus call is accepted.
Possible use cases for context could be:
- Create, update or open incident tickets based on incoming call information.
- Provide additional help or instructions to your Agents, based on the called services.
- Extend the call scenario with further browser-based applications such as CRM, SAP or custom-developed apps.
Before using this feature
Within MS Teams you can open Nimbus via the " Go to Website " Icon located at the top right of your Nimbus app.
Alternatively you can use the following links to open the Nimbus portal directly. Please note that the location must match with the URL opened from the "Go to Website" link in the app, otherwise your account credentials will be refused.
Before working with context on a productive scale:
- Ensure that no blockers or URL filters are active (e.g. IT policy, Ad-blocking, Browser Tab settings) that could prevent opening of context tabs.
- Once applied in Context Service Settings, Context is opened for all users of that Service. Ensure that they all have access to the (outside) URL or system you access with that context.
- Note that Microsoft Teams currently has no technical way or permissions to open extra Context-Tabs automatically, so your additional Conversation Context may not show when Nimbus is not running in your browser. When installed locally on your system, our Assistant app can automatically open context on your default browser on incoming / ringing calls.
Adding Conversation Context items
Note: Context items can be applied for use in either Nimbus Portal or
To add a new Conversation Context entry, click on " Add ". → A dialogue to add Context opens.
- Specify a " Name " for the context entry. This is just for identification purposes in other dialogues.
- Specify an " Organization Units " to define where this context should be available (e.g. only a particular team / division or tenant-wide)
- Enter a base URL to open (e.g. your HelpDesk, CRM or other system)
Click on " Insert Parameter " to enter the parameter placeholder at your cursor in the URL field.
Optional: Repeat step 5 as often as needed with other parameters.Add Context Entry
Press " Create " when done.
Using Conversation Context
Multiple Conversation Context items can be created and applied simultaneously to either Nimbus portal or Assistant users. To take effect, they need to assigned in the service Service Settings > "Context" Tab each.
When "Adding" new context you may you also find context entries made available Tenant-wide (e.g. created by higher Organization Units admins).
Please note: System and Custom Parameters react and update at Trigger Events. The Context items however open immediately when a call is distributed to the Nimbus user. Make sure to adapt your workflow accordingly so the necessary information can be gathered in time serve as part of your context URL.
Context in Assistant
Assistant works standalone App, providing Context during calls to individual users. Additionally you can also define Action Templates that trigger data calls.
Within a Service you can configure Context for Assistant individually as follows:
|Assistant Conversation Context|
Assign Conversation Context which is opened in a Nimbus user's default browser during an incoming service call.
Conversation Context must be defined first to appear here.
With Assistant installed and running in the background, a Nimbus browser tab is not required for context anymore.
|Service Call Templates|
Assign Templates on Service-level which perform HTTP data handling requests to external systems (e.g. a CRM).
The trigger points and actions must be defined as Service Call Templates first.
As an alternative to Service Call Templates you can configure Direct Call Templates and assign them to individual users of Assistant.