Here you can manage permissions depending on the role of your logged-in user account:
- As User - Review your personal permissions granted to Nimbus in order to perform basic user searches (calendar, presence, contacts)
- As Admin - Review tenant wide permissions needed to unlock advanced search features (e.g. user details, filtering)
Section: User Permissions
USER These permissions are managed and granted only by and for the currently logged-in user .
- You can either grant single permissions or all at once by clicking "Consent" on the "All Features" row. → A popup will open to inform you about the required permissions (it not previously granted already).
- When single-granting permissions, note that any related Nimbus features requiring the same permissions will also be checked off as "OK" as their permission needs are fulfilled.
What are the individual permissions needed for?
- Features marked with "" in the table below are required for any productive work with Nimbus - otherwise the Call Handling features and Apps like Attendant Console will not work properly.
- A separate consent request is prominently shown in the Contact Search of Attendant Console upon opening for the first time.
Section: Admin Permissions
TENANT ADMIN The permissions can be managed and granted by any tenant administrator - either as single permissions or all at once. When your currently logged-in user has Service Administration rights you can see the following section:
Azure Portal - Grant Permission Links
Since Nimbus cannot detect if you are also a Global Tenant Administrator, this section shows field to copy the URL.
- If you are the Tenant Admin, simply paste the URL to your browser and grant the permissions.
- If you are not the Tenant Admin, send the link to any Tenant Administrator to grant consent for all Nimbus users.
→ In either case an Azure permissions dialogue opens, allowing to grant consent. This needs to be done only once by any tenant administrator with the corresponding rights. Afterwards the permissions should be granted to all future users of Nimbus.
Each user needs to to log out and back in for tenant-wide changes to take effect.
Which fields are covered by these advanced search permissions?
Search fields by source - Click here to learn more...