The conversation search page can be accessed through the Conversations > Search menu. This page allows the user to enter the search criteria to find recorded conversations. The search criteria attributes are divided into groups, and placed on three separate vertical tabs to make search criteria definition easier:
- Basic Search Options tab includes the most commonly used search fields.
- Advanced Search Options tab includes the remaining technical attributes that allow more sophisticated search criteria to be defined and used.
- Metadata and Markers tab allows the user to narrow the search using the business data associated with the conversation records (stored in custom metadata fields and markers).
- Text Search allows the user to search in the text recorded from instant message conversations. Any combination of the following fields can be used:
- All of the listed phrases
- Any of the listed phrases
- None of the listed phrases
The user can navigate between these tabs until all of the search criteria have been specified, and then initiate the search by pressing the Search button below the tabs. The search is executed based on the combined set of search field values on all tabs.