- To operate on a website the RTC Launcher Client Installation needs to be performed on a server with public facing internet connection.
- The RTC Launcher Client operates seamlessly in your Sites by embedding itself with Templates.
- Customers on your sites do not need any additional installation. They simply use the browser to choose a contact / modality and start the interaction.
About this page
In the following pages we are going to use the following terms quite often:
- Admin = A user with permissions to access Web Panel Administration of RTC Launcher. Past initial setup an admin is usually not needed for daily interaction.
- Agent = A RTC Launcher Contacts that has been defined in the Web Panel Administration. Agents will simply log into SfB, ensure they are available and ready to interact with Customers.
- Client / Customer = The visiting customer using the client installed on the RTC server in his browser.
- Modality = Channel or means of communication that the customer uses to contact an Agent. In this context: Chat, Audio, Video and Co-Browsing
Customer and Agent interaction
To interact with Agents a customer simply visits a website running RTC Launcher in the background. The customer locates the contact information cards or floating chat and starts the conversation.
- Contact details are also configurable and may contain Name, Job title, E-mail address, Phone, Skype, Avatar picture, Status etc.
- A contact may also be represented as Service (UCMA Endpoint) so the customer may interacts with a response group of several Agents
RTC Launcher uses an included Chat feature which can either be embedded in the website dimensions or act as floating "layer" on the side that follows along as the user browses and scrolls on the website. The Agent will simply use his base SfB features to interact with the customer.
Authentication Pop-Up / Verification
When starting a conversation a customer has to verify with name (and optional further details such as Email-Adress) so that the Agent knows, who is contacting him. This needs to be done only once as the details are stored in browser cache and the specified name will be displayed in further conversations.
- Cannot be empty
- Must at least have 3 characters
Allows for symbols but not special characters, e.g.:
<"!@`$%^&*()+="?,".>CODERTC Launcher authentication pop-up
According to GDPR regulations the customer needs to confirm a disclaimer checkbox before starting chatting/audio/video. This is intended to inform about data usage and protection laws for individuals within European Union (EU) countries. This disclaimer can be adapted as described in Customer Form Template
Good to know
SYSTEM ADMIN TENANT ADMIN SITE ADMIN
The templates shown above are just examples. They can be adapted both visually and in their (requested) data content as explained on the Templates pages of the Web Panel Administration. It is also possible to define and assign a unique Customer form template - including translations - for every contact managed within RTC Launcher.