In this context the steps below describe actions of a calling customer. After the RTC Launcher Client Installation (done server-side) no special permissions are required to use the Audio Call feature.
To start and work with the "Audio Call" functionality, perform the following steps:
- Visit the Site that have RTC Contact Templates defined for them and choose the Agent or Service
- Click the "Start audio call" button
- Enter your name, which will be displayed for Agent during the conversation (if not specified)
Before the call starts you may select your input microphone / input to be used during Audio call (Settings gear)
- The device selection is prompted only when you have more than one available audio device connected. Otherwise just the default one is applied;
- The connection speed can be checked by clicking the Test button
- An error will be shown if the permissions for microphone use are disabled in your browser settings;
- Before the call is started you can click on "Back" button to switch the modality
- After the device is selected you may start the call by clicking the "Call" button
Audio Calls use Pexip Server technology. Refer to the following compatibility matrix from our Prerequirements page:
The following Pexip features are available in browsers:
Web RTC Client
A visiting user can use a camera and microphone for Audio/Video conversation. Pexip supports this for the following browsers:
Web RTC Client
Change microphone before A/V call
Change camera before A/V call
Change microphone during A/V call
Change camera during A/V call
Mute microphone during A/V call
Mute camera during Video call
Ongoing Call Handling / DTMF
These options rely on advanced workflows which are provided by our LUCS product. RTC Launcher does not provide detailed workflow handling by itself. With an appropriate Service Workflow configuration the DTMF should be send to LUCS to pass the corresponding workflow/survey activity.
When calling a service you might be required to follow automated workflow instructions and select options via DTMF on your dial. During an active call to a Service the Dial pad is shown on the Audio/Video control panel.
While interacting with the dial pad you still have the full chat functionality available.