Opening Hours calendars in Stratus are made available by tenant admins. Calendar entries are made visible to a team admins under the respective organization unit.
As team admins you can individualize team-assigned calendars with the same functionality available to tenant admin. Certain restrictions however apply:
- You may not add or remove calendar entries from the list of available "Opening Hours" calendars.
- Editing of opening hours is limited to teams under your respective tenant.
- You may edit your calendar contents, but not change descriptive information such as Calendar Name, Organization Unit, Default Values
Changing calendars during opening hours
Please note that calendar entries are shared among other team administrators (if any) within your assigned teams.
Once saved, calendar changes are immediately reflected, even when the service using that calendar is currently in use. We recommend making changes outside of normal business hours.
To access your opening hours calendars, click on "Opening Hours" in the sidebar and select your calendar.
Editing Calendar Details
In this case we assume that an empty Calendar with a Default Value "Closed" has been created. We'll add standard Monday to Friday Opening hours with a few special cases included. First we'll open up the service at a recurring time.
Double click the starting time where your service should be available for the first time forward.
→ An "Event" dialogue will open, allowing you to configure the event, starting from the time where you have chosen previously
Fill in the "Name" as you like. Define the type as "Open"
- Set the "Type" to "Open". Learn more about event types in the Infobox below these steps.
- Adjust the "Timezone" to what your service will use. Default is already the Timezone that you picked earlier in Step 5.
- Set the "Start" and "End" to a time within the same day as you'd like to have it repeated on your normal working days.
- Set "Repeat" to weekly → The options below will change.
- Select the Weekdays in the "Repeat On" section, e.g. Mo-Fr.
- Set the "End" to "Never" and "Save" your entry.
→ A recurring event is added to the Calendar, signaled by an icon at the top left of the event item.
→ Your new Opening Hours calendar is also added to the list on the left panel.
Special cases like "FlexibleTime" and "Special 1-4" can be used to define exceptions. In most usage scenarios they are not needed. If you require special opening scenarios (e.g. for your reporting and routing), get in contact with us to define specific workflows during initial configuration of Stratus.
Tenant admins can then make use of these special rules when assigning their workflows.
To avoid ambiguity problems with workflows, states and call distribution settings, we strongly suggest not to "stack" events parallel next to each other. Ideally all events in your calendar are set back to back to allow seamless transition of states (or transitions back into the default value).
Special Cases, Holidays and Breaks
As your base opening hours are now defined, it's time to add some specialties. As you learned in the previous steps, you can just double click into an empty space within the calendar to create another entry.
- Create a new Event called "Holiday"
- As type, select "Local Holiday"
- Check "All Day Event"
- Optionally you can set "Repeat" on "Yearly"
- Save the Event
Note that you don't need to define every little break. For example, break can be easily defined by having gaps between your "Opening Hours" blocks.
During holiday seasons you will most likely not have normal opening hours, so exceptions from the recurrence should be added:
- Double click on any recurring "Open" Event already existing in your Calendar
→ A dialogue "Edit Recurring Item" will open
- Select "Edit Current Occurrence" from the options available
- Make changes as needed.
Note that the "Repeat" entry has automatically shifted to "Never" as it's now a single time event.
- Save your entry when done
To delete single items out of occurrences, it's best to edit and convert the item to be deleted to convert it to a single instance, then delete it.
Save and Discard Calendars
Once you are happy with your calendar, you can use the top menu buttons to "Save" or "Discard" changes.
Only tenant administrators are allowed to "Remove" a whole Opening Hours calendar entry. Team admins only have "Save" and "Discard" of changes as available options.