There are certain technical requirements and recommended settings when selecting Stratus Team as a solution for your user groups. Below are the requirements for Federated Presence routing.
Microsoft Teams related Note
- All Microsoft Teams users need to have voicemail disabled. This is so the system will consider an answered call as a successful agent response. If voicemail in enabled and the agent declines a service call, Teams automatically routes unanswered calls to a voicemail. In this case Stratus Team will be unable to re-route these calls to another available agent.
- It is strongly advised to use a single device / client to avoid issues. Multiple presence devices (e.g. Teams Phone, desktop client, mobile client) can result in conflicting presence states that will cause inconsistent behavior within Stratus
The ‘User communication with Skype for Business and Teams users’ setting has to be enabled in the Microsoft Teams admin center (may already be by default).
To enable this feature, go to 'Microsoft Teams admin center" › External access › and ensure the according SfB communication checkbox is enabled.
For more information refer to the related Microsoft Documentation → Manage external access (federation) in Microsoft Teams.
Default SIP Trunk requirements
In case you wish to use your own SBC and SIP infrastructure there are a few basic SBC requirements that need to be adhered to:
Number Presentation of both source and destination
U-law is currently unsupported
"RFC 2833 DTM Out of Band" currently unsupported
SIP Transport / TLS 1.2 over TCP only
Media / sRTP encryption enforced
Making "Busy" users selectable for call routing
The "Busy-Selectable" behavior is set on a global basis for the customer that will apply to all teams. This setting is part of the Customizing Services dialogue and has the following options:
- "Busy-Selectable" not activated: Any Busy state / presence (either manually selected, calendar synchronized or callrelated) is respected and the user will not receive a call.
- "Busy-Selectable" is activated: Stratus will ignore any Busy presence state and users will receive a routed call offer regardless of whether they are in a call or a meeting. Users can select "Do not Disturb" or "Away presence" status to prevent calls being routed to them.
- If a user is already handling a call delivered by Stratus Team, no 2nd call will be routed.
- If a user does not use SFB , Teams should be in "TeamsOnly" mode (and not "IslandMode") to correctly route and allow for a correct propagation of the Federated Presence state.
Stratus requires O365 end user accounts to be authenticated against Azure AD to be able to log in. A customer-side Azure AD Tenant administrator is required to initially register and allow Stratus access privileges. This is to allow Stratus to authenticate customer team members successfully.
All users to be part of the Stratus Team need to be capable of Federation. This is required as Stratus operates using the agent's federated presence state to route calls correctly to team members. There are two settings:
Open : This is the preferred method of operation to allow access to callers and agents seamlessly.
Closed : The domain emea.luware.cloud must be added to the trusted domains list.
In all cases, public DNS SRV records for federation are required to be set to allow access to the domain.
Please have the following information ready to fully provision and on-board to Stratus during Stratus Setup.
- An O365 Vanity Domain that will be used for SIP and Authentication traffic (SIP address and UPN Domain suffix)
- An Azure ID Tenant ID where the Vanity domain and the Stratus Agents are assigned/homed to.
- A SIP trunk Pro-Forma has been exchanged and filled in (part of onboarding during first setup)*
- Existing and working Telephony Platform with Secure SIP Trunk connectivity
- Your SBC's must have resolvable FQDN from the internet
- Your SBC's must allow Secure SIP and Secure RTP Traffic to/from the internet to their SBC's
- Your SBC's must have a public certificate assigned (matching internet FQDN of the SBC) - Please note the customer will need to supply the Root CA Certificate to Luware.
Got your own requirements? As you sign up during first registration we will get in contact with you to discuss your individual settings.
- Microsoft Teams coexistence with Skype for Business: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/coexistence-chat-calls-presence
- Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams Enterprise Voice Scenarios: https://lucavitali.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/sfb-teams-enterprisevoicescenarios-3.png
- Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams deployment options: https://lucavitali.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/sfb-teams-scenariomatrix.jpg