Workflow instances are based on workflow structures which are defined by Luware according to your needs. Get in contact with your Luware sales / technical representative to define the necessary structures first before configuring the workflow in further detail below.
The 'Workflow Tab' within Services provides a preview of the workflow instance assigned to that service.
To access the tab, click on Services → Any existing Service Entry → Workflow Tab
The 'Workflow' tab contains the following settings:
Control Name section
Full screen mode
The Full screen mode icon allows to expand details page on the whole screen. The side menu and entry list will be hidden in this case.
The workflow instance, which the service will use.
Survey workflow Instance
The workflow instance of survey type, which the service will use.
Music on Hold Playlist
Defines the music a customer hears when agent puts his call on hold.
Mail Services and Call recording are a LUCS feature. Get in contact with us to discuss available solutions for service call recording and / or mail services.
Conversation Mail To
Select Emergency Case that will be used for the Workflows with 'Emergency' Worklow Elements (called Activity)
Emergency Case Valid Until
Enabled only when Emergency Case field is selected.
Defines the time\date until that emergency case will be used for the service.
This section allows to assign external system configurations to your services. As of Stratus Agent 3.4 Zendesk and Service Now have been removed as fixed configuration in favor of individually manageable entries. Related workflow steps / activities only select the configuration entries.
This feature and related settings should only be changed together with Luware support or trained representatives as it can have major impact on your Services and Workflows - involving potential loss of data.
Precondition: To get External Applaction Entries to show up for assignment, you need to to define and assign multiple external system configurations to your services. Perform the following steps:
- Access the new Configurations via WebConfigurator > Topology > "Zendesk" or "Service Now"
- Define the Configuration to these CRM / Ticket systems as needed
- Set the configuration within the .Service Workflow Configuration vCurrent under "External Applications"
- Add either "Create CRM Ticket" (Zendesk) or "Get Caller Information" (Service Now) to your Workflow Structures
- Apply the Workflow to your Service
Trigger - External Web Request Trigger Sets
Precondition: In order to see any trigger sets you need to define External Web Requests entries. These entries need to be included in External Web Request Trigger Sets and made available when under the same Organization Units - same as your currently configured service. Each web request specifies credentials used to connect to external systems as well as the data exchange and Service Parameters (variables) used to store information.
Trigger events are standardized and explained on the External Web Request Trigger Sets page.
The advantages of using trigger sets are as follows:
- Trigger sets help standardize connection events to external services by automatically "triggering" External Web Requests during a call event - in the exact order as specified in the trigger set.
- You don't need to adapt your workflow instances and steps all individually in case a web request changes.
- You can set requests to trigger synchronously without having to manage each step separately in a workflow.
Tip: Trigger sets are optional but can help replace, standardize and manage "External Web Request" Steps in your Workflow Instances. Of course you can still stick to the classic method of manually defining "External Web Requests" in your workflows and handle all data updates manually.
With the according permissions (usually as "System Administrator" → see Role Based Access - RBAC) you are able to view the Workflow Instance assigned to a Service, as well as check the configurations, attributes and values.
You may only inspect workflows in this view. The instance itself is configured via Settings -> Workflow -> Workflow Instances Inbound
The 'Workflow Viewer' contains the following controls:
- 'Menu' button. Allows switching between the view modes of the Workflow Instance: Vertical or Horizontal, and reset the changes back.
- 'Full View' button. Makes the size of the Workflow Instance structure full
- Size slider. Moving sliders, user is able to set specific view size of the Workflow Instance structure
- 'Placeholder' indicator . The activities assigned by placeholders are marked with the indicator.
Clicking any activity will open a pop-up with details. Attributes are displayed in read-only mode.
Placeholders are only shown when part of this workflow. The type of controls shown vary by the type of placeholder.
If no value is entered, the default value specified in the original source placeholder item will apply.