WebConfigurator currently allows viewing and import / export of Workflow Instances. We will configure Stratus Agent to your needs.
The page is accessible on Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Inbound and Workflow Instances Survey
Inbound Workflow Instances
The ‘Workflow Instances Inbound’ page contains the list of workflow instances of inbound conversation type and allows to create and configure them. ‘Workflow Instances Inbound’ is accessible via Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Inbound.
On clicking a specific workflow instance in the list, the user can view its details:
Survey Workflow Instances
The "Workflow Instances Survey" page contains the list of workflow instances with survey type and provides an ability to create and configure them.
"Workflow Instances Survey" page is accessible on Settings -> Workflow section -> Workflow Instances Survey:
Import and Export of Workflow Instances
Users with "Workflow" permissions (see Role Based Access - RBAC) can directly import and export workflow structures and instances to their assigned Organization Unit. Both types of workflow instances (survey and inbound) can be imported and exported.
Use this feature to quickly share workflows, for either productive, rapid development or distribution and analysis during support.
A validation feature ensures that no manipulations or corrupt files enter your system.
Things to consider about Imports / Exports
- Json files are protected from manual changes, so a warning message appears if an imported json file was changed externally.
- Workflow Instances cannot be imported if related structure does not exist in the system.
- A warning message appears if an imported json file contains an instance instead of a structure and vice versa,
- A "Master" policy is assigned to imported structure or instance which defines defaults for all properties that are not otherwise defined by placeholders.
- A "System" level organization unit is assigned to the imported structure or instance if the imported organization does not exist in the system.
Workflow Instance Import
To import a workflow instance,
- Click "Import" button. → A file dialogue opens for you to select the json file.
It is possible to import the same instance as many times as you need. A new instance receives filename in the current date format "WFI Name_<yyyy_mm_dd hh:mm>".
- Select your workflow .json file and confirm
- After the workflow structure imported, you may want to change the name and and organization unit to clarify the intended use context of your new structure.
The system doesn't automatically import related data entities such as Workflow Resources and Dependencies. We highly recommend to review imported instances and update their activities if needed.
Workflow Instance Export
To export the existing workflow structure, select it in the list and click "Export" button. Exported structure will be saved in JSON file using your browsers download path preferences .