This section is about upgrading your existing TM installation. Each step is required for the following chapters Deploy Upgrade and Verify Upgrade.
For a clean first-time installation, refer to the First Time Installation chapters instead.
The software upgrade process refers to moving from one release level to a newer release. This typically involves installing a new version of TM System Components and a new version of an existing Web Application.
Trained Administrators only!
The following procedure is to be performed by Luware-trained system administrators only. When uncertain about certain steps, don't hesitate to contact us.
Take notes of TM names and addresses
Prior to the update we highly recommend you note down the following details of your TM installation:
- Instance Name
- TM Server FQDN(S)
- SQL Server / Instance
- SQL Database name
If necessary, familiarize yourself with the network ports necessary for TM in case you need to update your IT infrastructure firewall / forwarding / antivirus rules.
Prepare new Setup files
The setups of the application are to be prepared in the following way:
- Copy the listed setup files of the application to any folder on the machine where TM application will be installed:
- Luware-TM-AC (Agent Controller)
- Luware-TM-AM (Agent Manager)
- Luware-TM-CI (Calendar Integration)
- Luware-TM-CIC (Customer Infrastructure Connector)
- Luware-TM-CR (Conversation Recording)
- Luware-TM-CWS (Configuration Web Service for TM)
- Luware-TM-GalReader (Global Address List l Reader)
- Luware-TM-ICH (Interactive Conversation Handler)
- Luware-TM-PS(Persistence Service)
- Luware-TM-SMD (SIP Message Dispatcher) – the SMD component is installed on the Lync server machine
- Luware-TM-FE (Frontend of the Web Application)
- Luware-TM-Configurator (System configuration definition)
- Luware-TM-API (Application Programming Interface)
The following steps are a recommendation. We do not make any recommendations for specific backup systems and procedures. These should be in place already and suit the requirements of your organization. These steps should be carried out on all LUCS application servers.
We recommend these steps are completed during quiet-hours.
- Navigate to your TeamManager installation directory (normally C:\Program Files\Luware AG\)
- Copy all folders that begin with TM- to another directory.
- Take the copies and move them to your normal backup solution.
SQL Database Backups
- When updating from 2.7 or earlier, this step is required twice. A backup is taken two weeks before the update to run checks, then again on the day of the upgrade.
- TM uses it’s SQL Database extensively to store everything from configuration and reporting to live data. As such we recommend that these backups are taken during your quiet-hours.
- Log into your SQL Server.
- Launch SQL Management Studio and connect to your Instance.
- Navigate to your Database in the Object Explorer.
- Right Click your TM Database and select Tasks > Backup.
- Complete a full Database backup and store it in your normal backup solution.
Note down ISS and Pool Settings
- Start Windows IIS Manager
- In Start menu, open search / start typing inetmgr and press ENTER.
- Open Application Pools
If any Luware Applications Pools are running in other identity than "NetworkService", note your configured "Identity"
Open Sites and note your Site "Binding" settings (example: "Luware-TM-FE")Site Bindings in ISIS, LUCS as example
Stop Luware Windows Services
- Open Windows Services (Task Manager) and locate the "Luware" services
If the Luware services are running, stop them manuallyStopping Luware Service Products
Uninstallation of Old Components
- Ensure that the system has preinstalled .net Framework 4.5.2.
This link may be helpful for you during the check: How to determine installed .NET Version.
If not done before, stop all the TM / Luware Component Services in C:\windows\system32\Services.msc
- Close the TM Configurator / WebConfigurator before uninstallation
Copy ‘AppSettings.config’ file from ‘\Luware AG\TM-FE\’ (default path: C:\Program Files\Luware AG\TM-FE\AppSettings.config) to any safe place.
Uninstall all the TM System Components and Luware DB Updater through Control Panel on your machine.TM items in Control Panel ‘Uninstall‘ menu
- Remove the ‘AppSettings.config’ file from ‘\Luware AG\TM-FE\’ (default path: C:\Program Files\Luware AG\TM-FE\AppSettings.config) manually. (it will remain after uninstallation)
- Ensure that you only delete all TM relevant data in case you have other products installed (e.g. Presence Assistant)
- Make sure that all other folders/files/logs from previous version were deleted. Check the Luware project folder C:\Program Files\Luware AG and remove them, if still present past uninstallation.
You are now ready to perform the upgrade.