The following steps are to be performed only after a successful (error-free) installation.
Before before starting to configure and productively your installation it is necessary to check if all services correctly start up. We also recommend to create first basic structures, connections and accounts as well as and configure your server topology. This is also a test to verify that all your installed components interact properly with each other.
Start PS Service
- After all the TM System Components are installed, reboot the machine.
Start the Luware-TM-PS (PS) using C:\windows\system32\Services.msc
The Luware-TM-PS Service must always be started first. Otherwise the other services will not properly start!
Now start all remaining services one at a timeAll TM services running
Is a service not starting or stopping again after a while? Check Windows Event Viewer for problems. There are also logfiles in the installation directory of each component (e.g. C:\Program Files\Luware AG\LUCS-FE\FeCore\Log\)
Afterwards you can start the TM Configurator and inspect if the Services are running correctly and are detected in their new VersionTM Configurator - Checking Component Status in the Home Screen
After upgrading and starting your new TM services, you must provide a valid TM product license.
There are two types of TM licenses:
- Full license (Allows running the TM product without time limit).
- Trial license (Allows running the TM product for a defined period).
Usage of the TM system outside the contract and license is prohibited. If such usage is detected, the TM system informs you about to buy additional licenses or decrease the usage of the product.
Examples of licence related warnings are:
- the trial period has expired
- the allowed quantity of concurrent agents is exceeded,
- the allowed quantity of the configured supervisors is exceeded.
Quick-Check your license information:
- click ‘Show Information’ button on the TM Configurator -> ‘Home’ tab or
- log in to the TM FE with system administrator’s permissions and click Preferences -> License.