INC Non-Productive Disclaimer Chat
Not ready for productive use
Chat-related features are depending on Microsoft "Private Preview" APIs and SDKs, limiting access to early-adopters. For these reasons, Nimbus cannot offer a productive operation environment nor provide official support for the Chat modality yet. Until the situation changes, the feature is not yet available.
Handling Chat or also "Instant Messaging" tasks in Nimbus works in a very similar fashion to Call Handling. As Nimbus user you remain in your known MS Teams environment, but get notified by customer interactions via Adaptive Cards and chatrooms created by a Nimbus bot.
Contact Center Instant Message (Private Preview) Please note that Instant Messaging is a Contact Center service feature that must be enabled for your tenant. This is done by your Luware Customer Success representative.
- Tenant Admin: You require tenant administrator rights to create and update tenant and service settings. 🔍 Refer to Use Case - Setting up Instant Messaging.
Service Users - As user of the chat feature you need to to register with the IM chat bot once in order to receive Adaptive Card messages and chat invitations. This is done via Nimbus Portal > User Preferences (Portal).
💡 If not stated otherwise the following section refers to "You" as the user acting as agent for a service.
Accepting / Declining Chats
Interaction with the customer
- You can chat normally with the customer using your Teams Client.
- Session will last until you click "Terminate".
💡A tenant-wide functionality will ensure that “stale” sessions are terminated to avoid stuck Reporting tasks. This setting is configured by Luware – usually set to happen once a day.
Session Results / Status
- After a chat has been terminated, session results and status updates are reflected on the the Adaptive Card.
- The chat session has now concluded with a Reporting result.
Instant Messaging in other UI Areas
Instant Messaging tasks can be handled in areas of Nimbus.
Area and Description
Within My Sessions chat sessions are handled the same way as calls.
💡 You can also conclude the session with Codes and Tags.
Within Attendant Console you can also receive and handle chat sessions.
INC Instant Messaging Limitations
KNOWN INSTANT MESSAGING LIMITATIONS
- Engaging in chat with Nimbus Services currently requires Interact and its SDK. Native support for Chat via MS Teams will be implemented when Microsoft releases the according functionality for public use.
- Supervision is currently not supported for Chat interactions.