By default Nimbus does notify the user on incoming calls. However, on External Tasks there is no call to notify the user about, so the MS Teams client will not show any notification (toast) either. Nimbus therefore offers a notification feature that can be toggled on
Contact Center Please note that External Tasks are a Contact Center feature. Both service and user need to be licensed, as otherwise there will no External Tasks feature support, and thus no notifications being sent.
💡 Good to know: With Assistant client installed on your PC, a pop-up window will already be presented on your desktop during any incoming service task (external or other). In this case you may may not need the extra notification features listed below.
When enabled this plays an audio notification for as long as an External Tasks is in "incoming" state. The audio file will be looped until the task is accepted or rejected.
- Nimbus Portal needs to be open either via the Nimbus Personal App in MS Teams or in your Edge/Chrome browser to play the audio.
- Allow Nimbus to play sound in your browser. Your audio playback depends on your default output device and the volume set for your browser.
Show me how to configure this...
To allow sound playback in your browser (Chrome):
Sound still not playing? Check your volume levels:
- When enabled a browser notification is sent via Windows the desktop sidebar an incoming External Task.
- When clicking on the notification you will be brought directly to the Nimbus Portal > My Sessions view.
- Nimbus Portal needs to be open in your Edge/Chrome browser.
- Ensure that settings for both your browser and MS Windows allow for notifications to be sent.
Show me where to configure this...
In Windows 11:
In your browser:
💡 Note: Keep in mind Windows 11 "Do not Disturb" mode can also prevent Notifications from being shown.