INC Non-Productive Disclaimer Chat
Not ready for productive use
Chat-related features are depending on Microsoft "Private Preview" APIs and SDKs, limiting access to early-adopters. For these reasons, Nimbus cannot offer a productive operation environment nor provide official support for the Chat modality yet. Until the situation changes, the feature is not yet available.
In this use case we're going to tackle the following topics:
PRECONDITIONS and WALKTHROUGH
- Instant Messaging is a Contact Center licensed modality feature to be enabled for your tenant. This is done during initial setup with your Luware Customer Success representative and in tandem with License Management for your users and services.
- Luware Interact is currently required to engage in service chats from outside. This is done via Tenant Administration > Extensions > "Interact" section. 🔍 Refer to Use Case - Setting up Interact to learn more on how embed Interact for your website. Also refer to the known limitations below.
- Note that both Users and Services need a license for Interact, required to individually configure their allowed channels (modalities) of interaction with outside customers. This is all done within the Service Administration and User Administration respectively.
- Tenant administrator rights are needed to create and update tenant and service settings.
- Delegated admin user permissions are required once to run the application. This link can be found under Modality Service Settings > Instant Messaging > “Grant Permissions”
INC Icon Legend Accordion
Show Icon Legend
|💡 = A hint to signal learnings, improvements or useful information in context.
|🔍 = Info points out essential notes or related page in context.
|☝ = Notifies you about fallacies and tricky parts that help avoid problems.
|🤔 = Asks and answers common questions and troubleshooting points.
|❌ = Warns you of actions with irreversible / data-destructive consequence.
|✅ = Intructs you to perform a certain (prerequired) action to complete a related step.
Enable Instant Messaging on Your Tenant
- Head to your Modalities Tenant Settings
- In the section Instant Messaging set “Instant messaging enabled” to get further options
Invite the guest users for IM on your tenant.
Learn how to invite guest accounts to your Tenant
INC Invite Azure Guest Accounts
- As Tenant Admin, log into your Azure Portal.
- Go to Users and select Add a new "Guest User".
Invite both guest user 1&2 on your tenant.
Add each of the previously copied Email-addresses and click "Invite"→ A standard Azure invite mail will be send out to Luware.
- ☝ Note that MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) needs to be disabled for these users. Otherwise this feature will not work as the guest users cannot sign into your tenant.
- Let your Customer Success Specialist know that the Guest users have been invited.
Please wait while steps are done in the background:
- Luware cloud operations team must accept the guest invitations. Please allow for some time for this to happen.
- Once successful → The "Account is not added as guest" message should disappear from your side in the Nimbus admin UI.
- If this is not the case, please get in contact with support.
- ✅Admin: Inform your Customer Success partner about the pending user user invite. This invitation needs to be accepted by us before usage is possible on your side.
- Upon receiving confirmation from Customer Success you can use the Test UPN field to send messages to any user on your tenant (e.g a future chat message recipient acting as service user).
Configure Your Chat Workflow
🔍 This step is only if you want Instant Messing for your Services. For Instant Messages to directly to users, refer to Use Case - Setting up Interact,
- Navigate to Nimbus Admin > Configuration
- Select the "Workflows" entry.
- Create a new Instant Messaging Workflow
- Give your new workflow a name and Organization Unit that fits your new Chat-handling service.
- Design your workflow with the editor:
- 💡 Note that you have similar Workflow Activities compared to Audio / Video workflows, however with slightly
- We recommend to start with "Accept Conversation" and a "Message" activity for your customer.
- Follow up with a "Queue Task" activity to assign the Chat task to the Agents of your service.
- Once the Queue limit is reached, don't forget to use "Cancel Task" and "Disconnect" the user as you would in a call. 💡 A friendly "sorry" message goes a long way.
Set Up Your Service for Chat
💡 Now it's time to apply your new workflow.
- Navigate to Nimbus Admin > Service Settings
- Select your service and ensure that it is Contact Center licensed.
- Head to the Modalities Tab (Modality Service Settings).
- Enable Instant Messaging modality
- In the pulldown select your newly created Instant Messaging workflow from the previous step.
- Head over to the Interact tab (Interact Service Settings) and enable Interact and the modalities you want to use.
- Copy the service snippet and paste it to your website once you are ready to go-live.
Prepare Your Users for Chat
💡 Finally you need to ensure that users are part of the service. You can skip this step if you already assigned Agents to that service. Instant messages will automatically be distributed to them, same as normal call-tasks.
- Head to Admin > User Administration
- Ensure that all your future "Chat" handling users are already Contact Center licensed. ✅ This is a requirement for them to become "Agents" for your Contact Center service.
- Navigate to Nimbus Admin > Service Settings
- Select your service and head to the the "Permissions" Tab.
- Ensure that at least one "Service Agent" was added to receive chat tasks.
Instruct Your Agents to Get Ready
Optional: Setting up your own ACS instance
Optional: Azure Communucation Service Instance
💡 Note: This step is optional. Out of box, Nimbus will provide you with an Azure Communication Services endpoint. However, you can make use of your own dedicated ACS (Azure Communication Service) instance from Azure.
- Navigate to Nimbus Admin > Tenant Administration
- Select the Modalities tab.
- Locate the "Instant Messaging" section.
- Enable "Use your own ACS Instance" and provide the ACS connection string and resource ID:
INC ACS Instance Setup
INC ACS Instance Setup
Usage of Interact will cause additional monthly ACS (Azure Communication Services) cost depending on modality (IM/AV) used. These cost are determined by Microsoft. Also see: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/communication-services/concepts/pricing
- Before enabling additional modality features for your services, get in touch with your Luware Customer Success specialist to discuss terms, usage scenarios and necessary setup procedures.
- Please note that Nimbus and Interact support does not cover pricing discussions or make recommendations based on Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
Create new Azure Communication Service
To create a new Azure Communication Service perform the steps:
- Head to Azure Portal and login with tenant admin rights.
- Search for "Azure Communication Service" component and click "Create".
☝ Make sure not to use any underline/underscores within the name.
- Switch to the Keys tab and copy the connection string
KNOWN INTERACT LIMITATIONS
- Audio Video Calls initiated from Interact have the following workflow limitations:
Can only target services. Not supported targets are:
|"Pickup" distribution type is not supported.
|Sending DTMF over Interact (Client/SDK) is not supported